I wrote about my process of mindfulness journaling in my previous blog, Mindfulness Journaling Toward Mental Wellness. Below is my first and most simple example of this process and some of the affirmations that I’m currently using to work through my own self discovery to build self-confidence.
In this exercise, I simply wrote 30 Affirmations To Build Confidence. I repeated each affirmation as I wrote it and kept repeating it’s message any time I returned to the affirmation in the image. I’ve typed each affirmation below for you to incorporate into your own mindfulness journal exercise.
- I am fearless.
- I am unique and that’s my gift to the world.
- I am always improving.
- For today, I have the knowledge I need.
- I am calm and mindful.
- Challenges are opportunities to grow and improve.
- I am compassionate with others and myself.
- I am strong and wise.
- I am a positive being, aware of my potential.
- Life is beautiful.
- I am grateful of my journey and its many lessons.
- I am talented and intelligent.
- Everything is possible.
- There are no blocks I can not overcome.
- I love to meet other people and make new friends.
- I am my best source of motivation.
- I only attract positive people because I am a positive person.
- I love myself.
- I make a difference by showing up every day and doing my best.
- I am becoming a better version of myself.
- My work fulfills me.
- I have unlimited power.
- My actions are intentional and they bring me closer to my goals.
- I am enthusiastic.
- I am confident.
- I am persistent.
- I am proud to be a loving and sensitive person.
- I let go of fearing mistakes and failure.
- I am creative and open to new solutions.
- I deserve compliments and accept them easily.
My second journal entry incorporates many of the same affirmations as above, but in a different format. In this exercise, I decided to provide tiny sketches with each affirmation. This eventually evolved into an entire image where these affirmations came together.
One of my favorite past times is revisiting these journal entries and seeing which affirmations first pop out to me. Often, the message that pops out to me is the affirmation I am seeking with all of my heart.
Is there an affirmation that seems to pop out to you? What does your inner voice tell you you’re craving from this affirmation? Are you creating walls to keep you from these inner feelings? If yes, what are these walls and are they valid?