In this art journal exercise, I focused on morning and evening affirmations that inspire me and help me start and end my days. Some of these messages I found on Pinterest images, in books I love, or they just simply came to me while I was drawing. I hope that by sharing some of these affirmations, others will be inspired to start a healing journey and share their thoughts surrounding self love and acceptance. (I would love to see any of your artwork or journal entries that this inspires in the comments or you can follow me on IG at @geena.xo and share your entries with me there.)
How I Practice Affirmations
I practice affirmations by repeating the words out loud in front of the mirror or to myself. I typically like to sit with the affirmation for at least one full minute to see what feelings it stirs in me. THIS refection is the most important part of these exercises for me. Does the affirmation feel believable? If not, why? Is there a personal belief about myself that is limiting my ability to believe this about myself? Am I laughing to myself and feeling very uncomfortable? Where does this lack of confidence come from?
Just like any addiction or mental health problem, we can not get help until we ACCEPT the things we need to change. Affirmations help me discover what limiting beliefs I currently hold for myself, so I can work through the challenges associated with changing my outlook.
Here are my top ten favorite morning affirmations from the journal entry above.
- I am free of pain.
- I am fearless.
- I am a magnet for ideas.
- The sunrise fills me with confidence.
- Success will find me today.
- I am patient and calm and meet the day with ease.
- I love who I see in the mirror.
- I am grateful for another day.
- I am a giver of love today.
- Unlimited energy fills me today.
Here are my top ten favorite evening affirmations from the journal entry above.
- Sleep comes easily to me tonight.
- The moonlight fills me with peace.
- My mind is restful.
- I am calm and let the events of today go.
- I am at peace with my life.
- I have no regrets or worries of the future.
- I release what no longer serves me easily and gracefully.
- I am filled with content.
- I forgive myself and others for any mistakes that were made today.
- I awaken with new inspiration.